30 DAYS OF EVERYDAY WONDERS
SUMMER SKETCHBOOK CHALLENGE 2022
1. PICK A TOPIC TO FOCUS ON FOR 30 DAYS.
(THIS SHOULD BE SOMETHING THAT YOU WILL ENCOUNTER EVERY DAY NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE.)
2. DRAW / SKETCH /PAINT / COLLAGE / WHATEVER A PAGE FOR 30 DAYS BETWEEN JULY 1ST AND AUGUST 31ST.
3. MARK OFF YOUR PROGRESS ON OUR WONDER TRACKER. (HARD COPIES ARE AVAILABLE AT OUR SHOP OR DOWNLOAD A COPY TO PRINT.)
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR WONDER
1. STAY ON TOPIC.
At some point, you will probably get bored, frustrated and distracted. The best things happen when you decide to keep going.
2. DRAW FROM REAL LIFE (or from your imagination). No screens allowed.
3. SHARE YOUR WORK. It’s nice to be in good company.
CAN'T THINK OF A TOPIC?
We think simple is best - plants you find along the sidewalk, your morning drink, your pet's face, your sibling's face, cookies, windows, street signs, door knobs...you get the picture. Need more help? We have a jar of suggestions at the shop for you to you choose from.
SO I DON'T HAVE TO DO 30 DAYS STRAIGHT?
Yes! Summer can be hectic, this sketchbook challenge shouldn't be. Do 30 days all in a row, or start and stop along the way. Our Summer Sketchbook Challenge runs from July 1st through August 31st.
DOES SOMETHING HAPPEN AT THE END?
Hmm, good question! We're thinking of hosting a show and tell at the beginning of September and maybe displaying some of the sketchbooks in town. You'll know when we know. ;)
HOW DO I SHARE MY WORK?
Come show us your progress at the shop, share it with your neighbor, your friends, your fellow artists. Tag your work with us on IG @suppliesforcreativeliving #30daysofeverydaywonders and we'll share it with the group.
CAN ADULTS DO THIS TOO?
An extra strong yes! This challenge is for humans of all ages.