Thu, Jun 18|
The Artist's Way - Spring Edition
Join us as we rediscover our own creative depths with The Artist's Way.
Time & Location
Jun 18, 2020, 2:00 PM
About the Event
"As above, so below, as within, so without, as the universe, so the soul."
We might be a bit biased, but we think what this world needs right now is more people deeply in touch with their creative, inner selves. One of the best creative tools we've come across is Julia Cameron's trusty book The Artist’s Way. This book, first published in 1992, is a collection of exercises and explorations to unlock your creative blocks and to get you to start doing instead of listening to your own version of creative static. (More on the book here, here and here.)
The Spring Edition of The Artist's Way Correspondence Course will run from March 15 through July 31, 2020, but participants are welcome to sign up through May 31st, 2020. The Artist's Way is written to be structured over the length of 12 weeks, but we wanted lots of flexibility to help you work around your busy schedule and the ability to take a little extra time when you need it. We've put together what we're calling a correspondence course - a way to work in tandem with your creative community but not in lockstep.
All participants will receive a welcome packet, which includes:
- $25 gift card from our shop (use it to purchase your journals and pens for Morning Pages)
- $15 gift card from Split Rock Books (use it purchase a specially discounted copy of The Artist’s Way or to support your new creative projects, whatever they might be)
- 10% off all merchandise and workshops at Supplies for Creative Living through July 31, 2020
- access to our online community, where we share tips and resources to support your “recovering creative”
- a curated selection of delightful tools of all shapes and sizes to stoke your creative fire
Specially curated packets (aka motivational carrots) will be available for pickup upon completing Week 4, Week 8 and Week 12 of the course. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions!
Welcome packets as well as packets for Week 4, Week 8 and Week 12 can be picked up curbside, delivered locally or mailed for an additional shipping fee. Week 12 packets must be picked up by August 31st, 2020.
The Artist's Way