The Artist's Way - Back to School Edition
Time & Location
About the Event
The weather is cooling down, the days are getting shorter and this year that has turned everything upside down will soon be coming to a close. Maybe you've been thinking about doing The Artist's Way for a while now and just haven't had the time / space / inclination (maybe also known as a creative block).
Julia Cameron's trusty book The Artist’s Way is one of the best creative tools we've come across. This book, first published in 1992, is a collection of exercises and explorations to unlock and bypass your creative blocks and to get you to start doing instead of listening to your own version of creative static. (More on the book here, here and here.)
The Back to School Edition of our Artist's Way Correspondence Course will run from September 15 through December 15, 2020. Participants will meet online via Zoom once a week, either on Tuesdays from 9:00AM to 10:30AM, Thursdays from 7 to 8:30PM OR Saturdays from 10AM to 11:30AM to review each week's tasks. (Groups will not meet the week of October 26th to allow group members time to catch up and the week of November 23rd to accommodate Thanksgiving plans.)
Participants will receive a Welcome Packet, which includes:
- $25 gift card from our shop - use it to purchase your journals and pens for Morning Pages
- $15 gift card from Split Rock Books - use it purchase a specially discounted copy of The Artist's Way or to support your new creative projects (and local bookstore!)
- Our Illustrated Life Kit, which includes a sketchbook, a selection of our favorite drawing pens and pencil to get you moving
- Free admission to our weekly Sunday Reset, which starts September 20th (a perfect Artist's Date)
Each weekly Zoom meeting will be peer-led and be limited to a maximum of 4 participants.
postscript. We might be a bit biased, but we think what this world needs right now is more people deeply in touch with their own inner guidance. If the fee is prohibitive for you at this time or if you've got all the supplies and support you already need, send us an email and we'll add you to a weekly meeting group. All you have to do is promise to show up, ready to do some hard work. (We love you too!)
- The Artist's Way -Thursdays PM$125$1250$0
- The Artist's Way -Saturdays AM$125$1250$0